Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Girls

It was October 1996 and I was so excited to begin a new adventure at USU - new plates, dishes, bedspread and school clothes were packed and ready for my first time living on my own. I was going to be living with my friend Amber who I had been friends with in junior high but hadn't seen much of when our high school boundaries were split and we were sent to different schools.

On that very first day in Logan, I reconnected with Amber and met Brittney and Christina. Little did we all know that we would see each other through the next four years, virtually inseparable. My college experience was the best it could be: I look back on it with absolutely no regrets and only the best of memories - most including these girls. Life was easy, carefree and oh-so-much fun.



I have a hard time believing 15 years have passed. We have between all of us 11.5 kids. We are not nearly as crazy or energetic. We have added husbands all around. We live in Logan, Boise, and Kaysville, and don't see each other nearly enough.

We have seen each other through bad relationships, graduations, weddings, lost pregnancies, many moves, babies and now we watch Christina as she fights for her life. All those years ago we never could have predicted how life would turn out for each of us and how hard it would get. We also couldn't have known the rewards that were in store for each of us.

We had so much fun getting together last week. It seems like no time has passed at all - it's so great to spend time with people who know your history. Months have passed since we've seen each other but it's so easy to pick up right where we left off. I'm so grateful for these 3 girls and all that we share.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I loved this post!! It made me smile & also cry. Has it really been so long? You all look amazing!!!

Christina said...

Katie, I write this with tears in my eyes because I couldn't have written this post better. I completely agree with you and there isn't 3, or 4 (counting Elisa) girls that I wouldn't have chosen to experience college together. You are right, we have gone through a lot in those 15 years (eek!), but through it all, we have remained best friends.

I will never forget running into you and Amber in Merrill Hall on the first day of orientation, looking for friends that knew there way around campus! It didn't take long before I realized that these friends were meant to be, divinely placed together, to begin our college experience. Those 4 years were amazing and I will always look back fondly on the experiences and friendships that we shared! LOVE YOU!!! XXOO

Sue said...

Your sweet post also brought tears to my eyes, because I know and love all of you girls to pieces and am so thankful that Heavenly Father made sure that you got together at USU! We pray for Christina every day--