Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Date Night

The other night Jackson and I went out for a night on the town. I love being with my oldest without any other distractions. He's such a quiet little guy most of the time, it's fun to have him all to myself and see him open up and talk about the things that he loves. We talked about basketball, school and even a little bit about girls (who are thankfully, dumb, at this point in his life).


We ended with a trip to his favorite ice cream shop to get a caramel shake for him and a chocolate m&m malt for his mom. I told him about my memories of coming there when I first moved to Logan. . . way back when Charlie's was pretty much the only joint in town!



After posing for a few goofy pictures, we were homeward bound. The more kids I have the harder it is to carve out the time for these one on one dates, but I appreciate them even more!

No comments: