Thursday, November 8, 2007

I've Been Tagged

Jacque tagged me so here goes me trying to think of 7 interesting/random things about myself. This will probably take me all day to think of!

1. I really don't watch TV - I hate the feeling of getting sucked into a show and then feeling controlled by it because I have to watch it every week! But I do have one guilty pleasure and it's a bit embarrassing to admit. I love, love, LOVE the Hills on MTV. Nate got sucked into it when it just started and I first tried to pretend I was only watching it to spend time with him. Now I've decided to just embrace it - I love it!

2. I have one thing in common with a shark - I have an extra set of teeth in my mouth. I've had oral surgery twice to remove the little suckers before they erupt into my mouth and reek havoc on my straight teeth. Gross.

3. I'm a perfectionist to the point of it being a fault. Like how I love to scrapbook but am seriously thinking of giving it up because I'm such a freak about my pages. . . like how I HAVE to have my boys hair gelled even if we're staying in the house all the day long. . . like how if I write an address on an envelope and I don't like my writing I'll throw it away and start over. Just weird, quirky perfectionist things.

4. I hate winter. It's a hard thing for me to admit, being a skiier and all but I've come to terms with it. Since having kids I can't stand being cooped up inside and having to bundle all three kids up to go to the grocery store. I live for Spring!

5. I have a vast knowledge of tractors, pirates, construction sites, Transformers, dinosaurs and all things boy. One day that just might come in handy.

6. I am absolutely horrified of spiders. Almost nightly I dream that they are in my bed, some nights even going so far as jumping out of bed, turning the light on and screaming at Nate to help me smash them. Last night I dreamed it was a tarantula covered in little tiny baby spiders. I don't think that's very normal.

7. I am a bit obsessed with Bath and Body Works. I go in there and all the pretty sparkly things just scream at me to buy them! I love my house smelling good and collect their little scented oils for that purpose. My lovely husband refers to it as the 'petroleum products' store and gets very afraid when I go.

Okay, I think that is all. This kind of thing makes me feel like a very boring person! I am tagging BRITT and AMBER!

9 comments:

JLJ said...

No, not boring at all. VERY interesting. For all the years I've know you, I never once suspected you were hiding a extra set of teeth.

brittney said...

I am laughing SOOOO HARD! I just called you to laugh together, because I do the same things with envelope/cards...my handwriting has to be PERFECT!!!!! SOOO FUNNY! We really are kindred spirits...except I don't have an extra set of teeth! HA HA HA!!!

The Ashcroft's said...

Very interesting Katie! No, I don't think it is normal to dream that spiders are crawling all over you, especially not every night. What is the deeper meaning.... j/k! Thanks for doing the tag...

Shoestring Weddings, Parties & Events said...

I know, I'm a dork, but I was curious what your spider dreams meant,so I looked it up. Turns out...
To dream of a spider, denotes that you will be careful and energetic in your labors, and fortune will be amassed to pleasing proportions.

Um, what? How do you be careful and energetic? Random. But now you know!

I DID know about the extra teeth. I am disappointed that you didn't put down that you apply chapstick before you shower. AND I have great news for you, I am getting a job at Bath and Body Works and will send all things bright and sparkley your way.

Thanks for the tag, jerk. :)

Am

JamieD said...

OK Katie here is my first comment-
So I totally knew all these things about you with the small exception of THE FREAKING HILLS....seriously?
After all the crap you guys gave me over reading In Touch Weekly?? Ever since you and Nate found my "shame" magazine I've been feeling seriously sorry for myself, thinking there was something wrong and unhealthy about having a secret obsession with all things celebrity, thinking I was super WT, and now I find this out about you. I love it! When you can take a break from watching your beloved show let me know if Heidi and Lauren's fight is for real. :) Also if the person who is getting a job at B&B Works can send all things soapy and minty lip glossy fresh my way that'd be great.. As you know I also have a very unhealthy love of that place and I see nothing wrong with that. Love ya even though you're now as crazy as Moozle..The Hills.. I can't stop laughing

The McCulloughs said...

Katie, I love the Hills too. I know it is probably staged and not very realistic, but still entertaining! I found your blog through Jacque's and it was fun to read your Tag. It was fun to see what you and Nate are up to in good old Cache Valley. We miss that place except for the weather- that we don't miss at all! Your kids are beautiful and I hope you don't mind if I sneak a peak every now and again. And to Brittney if you read this we want to be invited to see your blog ok? Our e-mail is jeepincameron@hotmail.com- ok? I found Amber's, yours, and Christina's and it's been fun to see all of you guys! Take care Mandy

Kristen said...

That teeth thing is kinda weird. I never would have guessed that! Interesting!

Christina said...

Well, most of those things I think I knew or could've guessed about you, but I loved it! That was pretty funny, you did a good job!!!

Allison said...

Wow, pirates and tractors and all things construction!! Would ya brush up on your princesses and buy Lola a Barbie or two, or she might grow up a tomboy like me!! I completely understand the obsession with B&Body Works. I get lured in there by all of the sparkly displays and can't leave for under 90 bucks! gosh I'm such a sucker...