Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Jacks and Lo

 These 2 started their birthday's off with a huge stack of birthday pancakes.  They love this tradition and it gives us a chance to send them off to school with a celebration!  They each picked one present to open before heading out the door.
 For Jackson's birthday, we headed to Chili's for a special dinner as a family.  Afterwards, grandma and grandpa came over for presents and cake.  Jackson picked molten lava cakes and they were delicious.
Lola played with friends all afternoon on her birthday. . . and then requested chili and a bake potato from Wendy's for her birthday dinner.  Easy enough!  She wanted a Sam's Club cake, but first made sure it wouldn't hurt my feelings that she didn't want something homemade.  So cute!

One of Lola's favorite presents was her new gymnastics leotard.  She put it on right away and her and her dad choreographed the cutest routine.  I love this video so much. . . and am so grateful for such a hands on dad that's not too good for a little "walking it out!"

 The next night we celebrated both their birthdays by taking friends to dinner at McDonalds and then to the movie theater to see "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs Two."  Their friends are all so cute and well behaved - we had such a fun night celebrating!


Birthday week always leaves me just a bit exhausted, but it's so fun to celebrate with these two.  I'm so grateful for both of them - they are turning into such great little people and I'm so proud of them!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Happy birthday week! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I still have both of their birthday presents wrapped up and ready to give them...I should have given them to you today! That sounds like the best birthday party and fairly easy for you to plan! Smart.

JLJ said...

That video is so cute! I love that she's just looking up at Nate, like, what's next? I think my kids would be embarrassed for me. :)