Sunday, July 8, 2012

Piano Recital


Way back in May the boys had their very first piano recital.  They have worked so hard this year and have become such great little piano players.  Even though they don't always love to practice, they have really enjoyed learning to play.  They have the most fun teacher out there who is wonderful at making piano playing exciting.



Granny, grandpa, Tierra, Lise and Mike all came to cheer them on.  It was so nice to have such a nice cheering section and made my boys so happy to have so many people there. 

They both did so well playing their songs.  Jacks was so nervous all that week and worried that he wasn't prepared.  He would sit down at the piano every chance he got and make sure everything was perfect.  When he sat down at the piano that night and started playing, I was so nervous for him.  Not because I didn't think he was ready, but because I knew he would beat himself up over any little mistake he made.  I relate so well to this oldest child of mine and it took me back to the days of my own recitals.  He played it perfectly. . . not a single problem.  I was so proud of him and so happy to see how proud he was of himself as he walked back to his seat.
 


Miles couldn't have been more excited for his recital.  In the weeks and days leading up to it, he would get on my phone and make sure he had invited every person he could think of in my contact list.  He was so proud and excited to show off his piano skills.  He worked really hard on his song, but was not at all worried about his performance.  I love how laid back this little guy is. . . he does not waste energy by stressing about things!  His song was a duet with me and he played it so well.  But. . . even if he had made a few mistakes he wouldn't have worried a second about it.  These 2 boys are so different! 


Afterwards they received awards and prizes from their teacher.



We celebrated by going to Fredrico's with granny, grandpa, Tierra, Lise and Mike.  So proud of these little guys who worked so hard and made me so proud!


1 comment:

Chelsea said...

That is cute that their teacher did awards and prizes. I so wish we could have been there!