Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th Of July. . . continued

We had such a fun July 4th.  We went to the Hyrum parade with the Hollands.  This parade is something of a Cache Valley tradition, but one we have never participated in.  It was hot, super crowded, and definitely on the ghetto side, but the kids collected more candy than at Halloween so I think that makes it a success!


After the parade we went swimming at the sports academy.  In my quest to make sure Stella was kept safe, I failed to take even a single picture.  Oh, but here's one from Monday night. . . pretty much the same thing. 

That night we picked up Cafe Rio and met the Hollands at a park for a picnic.  The lack of a BBQ on the 4th of July might be un-American, but it sure was relaxing to not worry about any sort of food prep. 

To end our night we did fireworks in the street and tried to keep the pyro husbands from lighting anyone or thing on fire.  Lola was horrified after one firework tipped over and went shooting down the street and then towards us.  Stella wanted to run everywhere (surprised?).  Miles and Will decided they were old enough to light fireworks with their dads.  Jacks kept me responsible by making sure I had Stella a safe distance from the fireworks at all times and kept wondering if it was safe for Miles to be helping Nate with the pyro stuff.  And I took one picture.



Happy 4th of July! 

2 comments:

Tierra said...

So cute! I love how consistent Jackson is with his responsibility, Miles with his wily antics, Lola with her little nervousness and Stell with her craziness!! What would you do if you didn't have these fun little trolls in your life? They are so cute and glad you had fun with all the traditions!

Chelsea said...

The one picture you got of the evening is so cute! I love Jackson and Miles haircuts. They both look so cute. I LOVE your other fourth of july pics too and can't believe how cute all your kids are. I wish we could have come up to celebrate!