Sunday, March 6, 2011

Things I Learned This Week




  • That it is possible to stay up for 3 nights straight if I really have to.
  • That I will spend any amount of time holding my sick baby in a steamy shower if it makes her feel better even for 5 minute
  • Just how deep that mother love is. . . reminding me once again how much my own mom loves me.
  • How to work an oxygen tank and a BBG (Baby Booger Getter. . . real name. . .seriously. Does just what it says - sucks the snot out).
  • That our hospital has GREAT nurses that made our stay so much better.
  • That I CAN survive for 2 1/2 days in a 10X10 room. Thank goodness for free diet coke and my iPad.
  • How much my older kids love their baby sister.
  • That Nate and I have figured out how to be a really good team during hard times. He held the fort down at home like a champ and I love him for it.
  • How supportive family and friends are so very important during trials. Both of our parents were beyond wonderful this week. All our siblings kept checking in on us. Friends made sure that Nate and the kids had food. Neighbors made sure Lola's hair was done and that she was wearing season-appropriate clothing.
  • That RSV is so very horrible and scary. It broke my heart over and over again to see my normally happy, smiley, content baby use every bit of energy in her little body to breath.
  • That although Stella has only been here for 3 1/2 months, she is such an important part of this family. My parents stayed at the hospital one night so I could run home and shower. When we knelt down for family prayer our home felt so, so empty without that 15 pound bundle.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh that picture is just adorable! I am so glad you guys are home from the hospital now and that Stelly is doing better. I hope she keeps getting better and you guys are back to normal soon! And you are right, Stella is just as big a part of your family now as anyone else. I love her and miss her.

Christina said...

I just read through all your posts catch-up! Loved every minute of it, esp the post about building w/ Miles because I've had similar moments with my boys lately (having cancer really makes you stop and smell the roses! :) I'm so happy Stella is home and good, RSV can be so scary!!! And I still can't believe you have 4 children, where does time go??? What a beautiful family you and Nate have!!!! Count your blessings! XXOO

Tierra said...

She is so sweet even tho she was so sick. That picture is definitey much improved over the one you texted me. Glad everyone is under one roof again!