Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Little About This Guy


I love this Jackson guy of mine. . . here are a few of my favorite things about him:

He LOVES basketball. He plays it in the driveway every chance he gets. Rain, snow, sub-zero, whatever - he's out there. He works hard and pushes himself to get better. He won't come in until he hits a certain number of shots. I love that about him!

He LOVES the NBA. He knows any obscure player on any obscure team. He comes straight home from school and checks the iPad app that tells him scores, shows videos, etc, so he doesn't miss anything. I love listening in on his conversations with friends about games.

He does so great at school. His teacher tells us that he is a joy to have in her class. He has made lots of new friends this year at his new school, but also knows when to be quiet and learn. He expects a lot of himself and works hard to do his very best. He loves to learn!

He is my sensitive, responsible oldest child. Sometimes I feel bad that he puts so much pressure on himself, especially since I'm also an oldest. He takes care of me, especially when his dad isn't around. He is fantastic with Stella. She trusts him and loves for him to hold her. It is such a help to me!

He has grown up so much since he turned 8. I feel like this year he has gone from being a little boy to a big one. I love the conversations we have. I love hanging out with him at night after the little kids go to bed. I love that he is my buddy.

2 comments:

Tierra said...

He really is so big-crazy how fast he's grown up. I will never forget the rant I got to hear thru the whole canyon about how bad he hates emptying the dishwasher...cute to hear his little opinions.

Sue said...

You are so right--eight is truly a "magical" age where kids seem to really grow up. Maybe that's why they're accountable for the decisions and actions that they make and do . . . Jackson is a real gem, has such a cute, cute personality,and is such a terrific grandson! He is really responsible and obedient and wonderful, just like his mom. And did I mention, he is really super smart like his mom, too!