Thursday, March 27, 2008

Where is the Love?

On Tuesday afternoon I was sitting on the grass enjoying a tiny bit of sunshine while Jacks and Miles played in the sandbox together. All was going well until I heard a small crash and looked over just in time to see Miles bulldozing Jacks' city that he had built. Then came the lovely sentiment from my oldest, "Miles, you're totally ruining my life!"

When I pictured being a mother 6 years ago did I not picture moments like this. I pictured all the kids, lined up in a row with spotless matching clothing, staring lovingly at each other (and me) as they engaged in all sorts of productive play.

But then yesterday, Miles fell off the curb on his bike and started to cry. Jacks, from 2 houses down, drops his bike and breaks into a dead sprint to pick his brother up off the road. Never mind that I was standing a mere 10 feet from the sprawled out boy, Jacks was there.

I guess that's what most of my days are made up of. Little moments that are either bad or good. It's just a matter of finding a way to cling to the good ones in order to get through the bad!

1 comment:

JLJ said...

"Totally" "Ruining" Where did he get these words? I could use a few more of the helping-brother-who-fell-off-his-bike moments around here.