Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Graduated!

Lola has been begging for weeks now to go to nursery at church. She knows exactly where the classroom is and every week wanders down that way and bangs on the door hoping this time we'll let her in. So Sunday was the big day. She walked right through the doors, plopped her little self down at the play-doh table and never even so much as glanced in my direction. After standing there for a moment, I realized that I truly was not needed and went off to actually get something out of Sunday School.

I was so proud of my little Lola. I think had she been my first, I would have stood there wondering why she didn't need me just a little bit more. Why she didn't so much as shed a tear at my departure. But being my third, I could just enjoy the fact that she was confident and secure enough in her little 18 month old self to know that she could do this. That she could survive in the big world without me for a moment.

For some reason this was a big day for me. With my kids being so close, it seems like I've always had one baby or another with me throughout church and has felt like it will always be that way. It feels so good to graduate to this stage!

4 comments:

JamieD said...

sweet little Lola! Its a bittersweet moment when you realize gone are the days of constant dependance and unconditional child love. And what was it all for? All the feedings, diaper changings, all nighters from illnesses, the tender application of bandaids and kisses for owies- all GONE in the time span it takes these kids to spot the play-dough table! ITs a sad life we mothers lead. Thanks for the talking to tonight. Seriously I'd be in living in the looney bin without you! I can't WAIT for cards and mostly for the 12th! Have a great day. I hope you're feeling better. Also I have to admit when the kids go to nursery its a sad day for me-only because they were such a great excuse to get out of bad SS lessons- don't deny it-you've had to experienced at least one!

JLJ said...

What a sweet girl. I think 18 months is a good age, for most kids, because they are old enough to be so bored hanging out in SS and RS, by the time they get to nursery they are so RELIEVED to get to play!

Christina said...

WOW, that really is a big day for you and now you can actually get something out of church! I'm glad she didn't have a problem with you leaving, that is a good sign! I'm actually a little sad I'll have a baby again in that way-it's been nice to get something out of SS and RS!!!

Megan said...

Yea Lola and Katie! Ok maybe today I will to my tag? Sorry.