Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Moments

Some days with three kids can be so far less than perfect. Today was one of those days. Between a sick little girl, a busy almost 3 year old and my eldest, who has been going through 'one of those phases,' sometimes I look around and wonder how I can possibly wake up tomorrow morning and do it all over again!

Then Jacks came home from going somewhere with Nate with the happiest little face. I said to him, "You look happy" to which he ran over, jumped up on my lap and said, "I'm very happy." When I asked him to tell me why he was very happy, he responded, "because I'm so happy to see you."

Those are the moments that make all of this worth it. That make me put it all in perspective and realize that even though this may be the hardest thing I've ever done, it is also the very most rewarding and wonderful thing I've ever done. I'm so grateful for my life. . . for my wonderful husband and my beautiful children who really do bring so very much sunshine into my days.

6 comments:

JamieD said...

Aww sweet Jackson! I need one of those moments- and fast! I'm ready to chuck the whole lot of mine out a window! KIDDING! Sorry we keep missing each other, but I did have a nice chat with Nate the other night! We will play SOON!

brittney said...

jacks is such a little sweetheart..he's always been that way...very tender and sensitive...sweet moment! good job on the post...keep em' coming!!

Christina said...

That is so sweet, I know I would've had tears in my eyes! You're right, all it takes is one little moment and the whole crappy day doesn't seem that miserable and being a parent is totally worth it! Love it!

The McCulloughs said...

Oh what a sweetie! It is a good thing that God made children to cute and sweet or I promise.. I wouldn't have had any! There are times though that I wonder if I can handle anymore? I guess we just take it one day and kid at a time! YOur such a good mommy to write down these moments!

JamieD said...

Lucky you Katie I'm commenting AGAIN! And I'm going to ask you (like you do to me so often) if you're going to update the blog?? We had lovely convo tonight. Thanks for letting me be bitter! You're a great gal! Kaylie is missing her pal Jacks..she told me tonight she wants to take him to Discovery and show him how to make a sock puppet. It is really fun! I emailed you all about it. Have a awesome day! Love ya mucho

Allison said...

awwwwww, thanks for the post. It made me smile.