Sunday, November 9, 2008

Princesses and Such


In the chaos of September, with school starting along with Jacks' and Lola's birthdays, I didn't have time to post these pictures of Lola. My friend Sam invited her to her daughter's princess party. . . thus introducing Lola to a whole new exciting world of princesses, fancy high heels, wands, makeup, and jewelery! She was so cute that morning, insisting that I do her hair in 'princess curls,' and sitting so still while I did it! She was in awe of the pretty Cinderella at the party, keeping her distance just a bit, but soaking it all in. Lola has not been the same since. She loves everything princess, roams the house in her fancy shoes and dresses, and tells me, "goodnight princess-mama" every night at bedtime.


It's so amazing to me the difference between my boys and my girl! The things that thrill them are so different from so early on. It's so fun to have a little of both. . . to be able to enjoy the chaos of the boys trucks, tractors, and action figures and the softness of my daughter's baby dolls, princesses, and purses!


3 comments:

Megan said...

She is an adorble little princess. And it is the best having both boys and "grils" in the home. unfortunately Savannah is growing up too quickly but I am enjoying every moment of it.

Christina said...

She makes a cute princess, I must say! And it sounds like you're enjoying having the balance between boys and girls. I'm not sure I'm ready for girlie pink stuff yet, but I"m sure one day I'll be sick of all the trucks, cars, trains, MESS, and destruction of boys! :)

JLJ said...

Cinderella made an appearance at this princess party? That is a serious princess party!