Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lola Turns Two



It's so weird to think that my baby is two. I remember the day she was born and how worried I was about having 3 kids under the age of 4. I thought I would be stuck at home forever. I thought I might go crazy with a newborn baby and a very busy 20 month old and worried that my oldest would get lost in the shuffle.



Then as her little personality emerged, I thanked the Lord everyday for sending her to me. She was all sweetness. . . something that our home needed. Life was chaotic with 3 little ones, but I wondered every day what I ever did without her around.



We've come so far since those early days. Now with 2 kids in school, I find time to enjoy just her for a few hours each day. I no longer get afraid when I have to venture into public with my little crew and we even find ourselves surviving an entire Sacrament meeting here and there!

I'm so grateful for my little Lola and the absolute joy she brings into my everyday.

Happy birthday to my littlest one!

7 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, Katie I can't believe she's two as well, and those pictures are absolutely adorable of her. Cute outfit too, seriously it almost makes me want a girl! Maybe someday! :) You are such a good mom, and I totally look up to you! We need to get together one of these days, we'll be down for Thanksgiving, I know that's super crazy, but maybe we could swing something? Lunch or something?

JLJ said...

I LOVE that tank! Oh, and happy birthday to the little ones. Jackson looks so grown up - shouldn't he still be 2?

Megan said...

Lola is just beautiful and I love the pictures. Oh I miss the field. Happy Birthday LOLA!

Shoestring Weddings, Parties & Events said...

That outfit is to DIE for! And so are those pictures! You are the best photog!

Am

The Ashcroft's said...

She is such a DOLL, I love her dark hair and eyes!!

Katie said...

Oh my, could she be any cuter??? What a little princess. I love the outfit!! I can't wait to see you guys!

Christina said...

Hey, I'm coming to SLC next week to do a few Twisted Silver shows and to go to a wedding. I was talking to Britt about getting together Wed, the 15th in the afternoon (we will be driving in that day). Do you think you could come down? If not, no worries, I know your kids are in school and all. But that is the only day that works for me unfortunately. Let me know!!! :)