Friday, September 19, 2008

A Day in the Life of Miles

This afternoon while Miles was supposed to be sitting quietly on his bed, reading books for a little "quiet time," I suddenly heard his very panicked voice calling to me from his room. I run in there to find him hanging by his fingertips from the TOP shelf of his closet, feet just a-flailing! How he managed to hold on until I arrived to save the day is beyond me. "Miles," I say, "How many times have I told you to not scale your closet shelves???"

Then tonight, several minutes after tucking the boys in bed Jacks calls to me. I wander back, thinking it's just another one of their stall tactics. I instead find Miles, naked from the waist down, trying to pee in Jacks' stuffed kitty bed.

The joys of raising cute little Miles, all in a days time.

Side note: I am awake right now (at 1am) because of the cows I can hear mooing out my window. Something has apparently upset them. Now how many people can say that about their life? How lucky I am to be raising a family in such a quaint little part of the world!

7 comments:

Holdstocks said...

Hearing about all your stories of your boys gives me a good heads up as to what I may have to deal with. I feel like I can be prepared for anything they throw my way. If not, I will give you a call to have you help me deal with it.

Tierra said...

Kate when I babysat the other night the cows were rather upset as well. But it was a nice break from the music I get from the floor above me at my apartment.

Kristen said...

TAG!!!! You're it!!!! See my blog for details!!!

JLJ said...

Oh the sweet sound of midnight cows - so much sweeter than gunshots or mariachi music.

The Ashcroft's said...

Oh my, this boy makes me scared about what my little man could turn in to. I really feel like I am reading the future... YIKES! Although, it's still kind of funny, sorry!

Megan said...

OK so I don't know Miles so well, because he was so young when we left. But I just love him. He is so cute! And as far as Providence, oh I wish we were there.

Anonymous said...

Hey we missed you guys at the big booty bash. Your family is darling and it's been fun to keep up to speed with you guys. Your little Lola looks just like you. I grew up with four older brothers and your little guy so would have fit right in. Thanks for sharing for the humor and probably not so funny for you. BTW if you want an invite to our blog just email me at cilnolnperry@netzero.com