Sunday, August 24, 2008

Race Day



Yesterday I ran the Top Of Utah Half Marathon. It was a perfect day. . . it stayed nice and cool through the whole race. The course was beautiful, taking us down Blacksmith Fork Canyon (in Hyrum), winding along a quaint little road and finishing at a park right by our house. After 10 weeks of training and over 195 miles logged, I was so ready for the day to arrive. I really wanted to finish under 2 hours and met my goal by only 7 seconds. . . finishing at 1 hour 59 minutes and 53 seconds!

I'm so grateful for Chel and Marcus being my fantastically fun running mates, for my kids enduring the gym's kids club more times than they've liked, for Nate giving up a few golf tournaments for my big Saturday runs, for Sam being such a fabulous training partner, and for Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" on my ipod, always giving me an extra boost when things got tough.

It was so great to get close to the finish line and see ALL my awesome cheerleaders whose smiling faces meant the world to me and gave me the strength to finish strong. Thanks Nate, Jacks, Miles, Lola, Tierra, Elise, Sam, Megan, Steve and Betty!

7 comments:

JLJ said...

Congratulations! And way to make your time!

But really, Sweet Caroline?!? If that's what does it for you..... :)

Brooke said...

Congratulations Katie! Very impressive!

Megan said...

Way to go! I am so glad you made your time. I missed mine by less than a minute and it still haunts me. I agree, Sweet Caroline? You are so funny. I admit I had some pretty sad music on my ipod as well. Anyway you are awesome!

Lindsay said...

I am so impressed with you! (In more ways than just this one) Congratulations!

Stacie said...

way to be!!! it is so good to get that accomplished! good job! I love neil diamond!

Christina said...

Congrats girl! Awesome time too for your first! Will there be more? :) Did you happen to see any McEvoys there? Salli and Vi did it too!

Your boys look cute and perfect as usual! Can't believe how big they are! I bet you're loving some alone time with Lola! Austin starts preschool next week, he's totally ready and has been asking me EVERYDAY!

The McCulloughs said...

Congrats!! Good for you! Maybe one day I should try a half marathon.. we will have to see. I bet it was a beautiful run. Great joB!!