Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Just the Highlights

Just wanted to share a few highlights from my week with Miles:

  • Walking into Lola's room to the extreme smell of mint lotion and seeing the contents of a very full bottle being exploded all over. Lola and Miles were dancing gleefully through their meadow of greasy lotion. How do you even clean something like that up???
  • Finding an empty bottle of childrens Motrin that Miles had somehow removed the lid from. Next glance found sugary orange stains on all surrounding carpet.
  • A complete meltdown at a very crowded Sports Academy pool. And when I say meltdown. . . I mean that every human being's eyes were on me and my screaming, kicking, throwing 3 year old. These are the moments when I wonder why I even bring the little guy into public.
  • Watching him fill water bottles up at Bear Lake, place them strategically between his knees and announce to fellow beachgoers that he is peeing.
  • Fielding requests to watch "The Spiderwick Chronicles" at least 47 dozen times. Giving in to the requests a few more times than I'd like to admit.
  • Hearing him tell me, in his still stunted but growing vocabulary, that he "loves mommy" for the very first time.

3 comments:

JamieD said...

Oh Miles! You're gonna give your poor mom a heart condition before she turns 30 (and we all know she only has a month left) I can tell you most def have been talking to your pal Ellie- especially with the lotion trick- I caught her and Adds in lotion heaven the other day too! Too bad it was the entire bottle of Aquafor which gets pricey! Its a good thing he's so cute! We love the Miles- Bryan says Hah Ha!!

Christina said...

OH man, that is too funny. He's a character, that's for sure. Wish I could've spent more time with you last weekend, there's always next time. Let me know if you'll be at the big bootie party in Aug, that will be the next time we're in town. Love ya!

Megan said...

You have me laughing and crying. Miles is so cute!