Thursday, June 19, 2008

St. George

Last weekend we went to St. George with our friends, the Smiths. It was so nice to get away from real life for a few days and escape to the heat of Southern Utah!

We went to Snow Canyon on Friday - the kids had tons of fun climbing around on the rocks. Unfortunately, the heat eventually drove us away when the rocks and sand started burning us all!





We spent tons of time in the water. Our hotel window looked out at the pool and it was ALL Lola could talk about. She is such a little water baby these days and could definitely get used to all that pool time! We went to a really fun community pool in Santa Clara. Jacks, Miles and Luke spent the entire time running up the stairs to the water slide and down the slide in record time. . . over and over again.

On Saturday morning Britt, Justin and I got up at 5:30am for the Utah Summer Games Triathlon. Justin did the whole thing while Britt and I took the easy way out and did a relay. Another girl did the swimming part, Britt did the bike and I did the run. It was tons of fun to be there (even if we were the lazy ones) and great to do it together. Maybe next year I'll motivate myself to do the whole thing.



While we did a triathlon, Nate did his best to outdo all the competition at In-N-Out. Seriously. . . he went 4 times. It was a little bit disgusting but he was oh-so-very happy! He was so great to watch all 5 kids while we went to the race that he totally deserved as many burgers and fries as he could consume.



One night after dinner the kids found this little stream that meandered through behind the restaurant. They had so much fun splashing around and getting soaking wet.








It was such a fun weekend. . . and so much fun to be with friends that we wish we could spend more time with.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun lately. I'm excited to now be in Utah to have some fun. So how far was your run? That is awesome! I really would like to do a triathlon sometime, but I don't really know how to swim and I don't own a bike. I guess I could use Savannah's bike :) I guess the reality is that I will probably never do one. Anyway if you get this tonight give me a call and let me know what time you guys are doing breakfast. I can't get my hotmail account to work.

Christina said...

How fun you guys did that with Britt and Justin! What length was the tri? Sprint or Olymipc? Wish I could've been there with you guys, I would've done the swim for sure! Maybe we can all do one together someday, only if I'm going to do it, it's got a be a longer distance one if we're doing a relay! It just seems wusy, you know what I mean? :)
On a side note, we might be coming to Logan next weekend for the 4th, will you be in town? Maybe we can stop by or something?

Allison said...

You guys are such studs! I'm so impressed. Bradey is trying to prepare for the Bear Lake triathlon in September, but the swimming thing is kind of kicking his butt! I'm with Nate, I would be trying to outdo everyone at In-N-Out, now THAT is my kind of competition. hee hee!