Thursday, May 9, 2013

NYC Day Three



Of all our NYC days, day three was my favorite.  We woke up to sunshine streaming through our windows and were so happy to conquer New York without the rain.



Our hotel was right by Grand Central Station.  We got to walk through it every time we took the subway so we were able to see it quite a bit.  I was amazed at how many people were there no matter what time of day we were passing through.  And all of them in such a hurry!  I kept thinking how there was no where in Utah that was ever as crowded as Grand Central Station.  I could have stood there all day admiring what a pretty building it was and watching all the people hustle and bustle about.   I wish we had taken a decent picture of it because it really was such a neat place! 

We headed straight for China town and had such an adventure with all the Chinese people trying to get us to buy knock off purses and fake Rolex's!  




From China town we headed to Central Park.  Of all the things I was looking forward to seeing in New York, Central Park was the one I was most excited about. And it did not disappoint.  It was so beautiful and so amazing to me that they had had the forsight many, many years ago to set aside this land in the middle of these crowded, busy, city streets.









For $12 you could rent a cute little rowboat for an hour.  The sun was shining, and it was so lovely to row around the little lake.  While we were out someone was proposed to and a huge crowd of people on a bridge above us cheered.  So much fun!


This is as close as we got to the MET.  Nate and I would have loved to spend a whole afternoon there, but there just wasn't time.  Next trip!

We ate at the infamous Shake Shack for dinner.  I am not normally a fan of burgers and fries, but oh my.  It was the most delicious place ever.  And the shake.  The shake was the best thing I ate on the whole trip.  Salted caramel concrete. . . I dream about it.

 ...and just like that our NYC adventure was over.  What a neat place this city is.  I was so fascinated by everything about it. . . the people, the hurried lifestyle, the apartment living, the clothes that they wore, the subways.  There's no where quite like it.  And as much as I hoped I would leave there feeling like I could cross "NYC" off my list of places I've seen, it only made me want more.  I don't know if I could ever get enough of this city.

We picked up our suitcases from our hotel and then headed to the airport to pick up our rental car for our drive to Boston. . .
where the adventures really began.

2 comments:

Elise said...

Ooh I didn't realize you had posted #3 on your trip-jackpot! Holy smokes, your trip looks so so so incredible! I've got to get myself to NYC stat! Central Park truly looks so so luscious. Your pictures are gorgeous and it looks like you had the perfect day. And of course, you and Sam look so adorable. So, so glad that your NYC experience did not disappoint!

Elise said...

....And then I realize that I wrote the word "so" way too many times in that comment. 8 times. Yikes. My apologies. :)