Sunday, January 6, 2013

Gingerbread

One Sunday night while we were having dinner, I asked my kids what their favorite traditions were.  They went around the table and when we got to Jacks he said, "Making gingerbread cookies!"  

Crap.  

I was planning on skipping that particular activity seeing as how the month was winding down and I was feeling the familiar Christmas overload. 

So that week I made the dough, had Lola help me cut out the cookies, and we had a cookie decorating party.  All in the name of tradition!

 
 Keepin' it sanitary!  She sure did enjoy her sugar overload. . .

Yay for traditions...and kids to keep us on our toes and make sure we don't miss out on the memory making!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Ah this makes me so sad that I have never made gingerbread cookies! Can you believe it? Every year I want to...and then don't! Glad Miles made you do it! It looks like they just love it. They are all so cute and look so into it. I especially love the one of little Stel eating the frosting! Asher is looking at these with me and is saying "mmm" over and over. haha. They do look delish.