Thursday, October 25, 2012

A few things

Every Sunday night I sit down and write a letter to my brother Joe, serving his mission in Florida.  I try and think of all that I've done that week that would be of interest to share.  And usually I end up staring blankly at the computer. 

My days are not really filled with super exciting events, but I feel crazy busy.  And I'm pretty happy that I get to fill my days with 4 awesome little people that keep me busy with simple things that make this a happy life. 

So. . . a few things from my day today:
  • Coloring with Stella. This little one doesn't hold still for long periods of time so it's pretty exciting when she gets something out and actually sticks with it for more than 4 seconds. 


  
  • Bath time with this little lady. . . she's always so happy and content in the tub.  She's so contained there and no messes are made.  She makes a big deal out of her important job of cleaning up the tub toys while the water goes down the drain.  

 

  • Doing this wiggly worm's hair is quite the adventure.  It involves sitting on my bathroom counter and watching Caillou on my phone.  Don't judge.


  •  Today there was a super quick trip back to the pumpkin patch to turn a bunch of these pumpkins into. . . 
 

  • . . .these pumpkins, in preparation for our ward halloween party tomorrow night.


  • Bribery was used at Hobby Lobby to keep the toddler happy in the cart.


  • At Sam's Club we feel in love with these little Bonsai trees and wished for a slightly bigger house in which to have room for one.

 

  • We drove home in a crazy hailstorm, just in time for a 3 hour nap.  Ah, naptime.  


  •  A straight-from-the-box batch of muffins were whipped up just in time for my school kids to come in from the bus.  

Some days I need a reminder, but it really is a good life.





No comments: