Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Jackson turns 10


10 years is a long time.
I can't believe this guy has been in my world for that long.  Not many days go by that I don't look at his big, strong body and wonder where the time went.  I'm constantly blown away by how much he knows about the world he lives in and what an amazing kid he has turned out to be. 



Jacks is my sweetheart.  
He is always looking out for me and is so aware of my feelings.  He takes care of me if he thinks I'm sad.  He jumps in and helps with Stella when he can tell I'm overwhelmed or tired.  He tries to talk Miles into behaving when he sees that I'm at my wits end.   He reads with Lola at the end of a long day.  He keeps me company and makes me laugh.


Jackson's favorite thing in the world right now is sports.  
Pretty much any sport.  He loves watching football, basketball, or baseball with his dad.  He stays up way too late because he can't tear himself away from the end of a good game.  And I usually let him because he's just such a good kid.  I love that he shares this love with Nate.  I love to hear them talk about stats or breakdown the last night's game.  He's playing football right now and has loved it.  He just found out he made a super-league basketball team that will be starting in a couple weeks.  He keeps us busy with his sports, but I love watching him do what makes him happy.


I'm so thankful for this boy!
I am so lucky to have Jacks' as my oldest.  He is such a great example, so responsible, so willing to help, so smart at school and makes me proud every single day.  
Happy Birthday J-Man!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh, Katie! Your comments about Jackson are just exactly what I always say about you! There is something about that oldest child . . . something so responsible . . . something so helpful. . . Something so aware of what the mother is needing . . . Whatever would I do without you?! You are such a terrific mom, and I am so very proud of you and love you to pieces!