Friday, August 26, 2011

The Day my Sister Became a Mother




One of the very best things to happen this summer was the day Chelsea became a mama.

I am so happy for her and Marcus. So proud of her and the amazing mom she has been to baby Asher from the very first moment she laid eyes on him and his cute little nose that looks just like her own cute little nose. She worked so hard to bring that little guy safely into the world.

I'm so happy to share the feelings of being a mama with my sister. . . something that has been so, so dear to me for almost 9 years now. Something that you just can't quite understand until it happens to you. The ups and the downs. The love that runs deeper than you ever thought was possible. The extreme exhaustion that only an infant can bring to your life. The emotions that come when you look into those eyes and realize what a gift you have been given. And what a responsibility that gift comes with.

Welcome to the world little Asher man. . . we already love you to the moon and back!






3 comments:

Sam said...

What a sweet post. He is beautiful!

Chelsea said...

I am so happy that you have already gone through all of this before--it is nice to be able to ask you about EVERYTHING...and it is so fun to be a mom with you now too. Cute post.

Christina said...

I LOOOOVE this post because in one week, I will also finally become an aunt and have her to relate things with. What a wonderful blessing! Beautiful baby too!!