Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School Dinner. . . 2011




We had our "Back to School Dinner" tonight.



Jackson, Miles and Lola were so happy to have a dinner just for them to celebrate the excitement that is going back to school. We made their favorite dinner - meatballs, fruit skewers and caprese skewers (isn't everything better when served on a stick?), with cupcakes for dessert.





At the end of the night, as they were helping me clear the table, Jackson gave me a big hug and said, "Thanks mom for making this such a fun night. I bet this took you a lot of time. I had a really fun time."

And THAT is why I love doing these sorts of things!





6 comments:

smithfamilymoments said...

oh Katie you are just too cute!! What lucky kids to have such a great mommma!!

Tierra said...

Oh my gosh so cute!! I love the jars of lemonade! Glad they loved it. And I'll have no need to start my own traditions - I'll just steal yours!

Amy said...

You are such an amazing Mom! I need to learn from you, just one of the many reasons I miss being your neighbor. I hope the kids have a fantastic first day.

Sam said...

You are super mom! It turned out so cute. They will always remember that fun tradition.

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh, that is so cute! I love the hats. I'm sure the kids just loved it. And I can't believe all the work you went to for that. I don't know how you do it all.

Christina said...

Holy freakin' cuteness!! I can't get over this...I am so stealing this idea next year! ;)