Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July



We had a busy 4th of July weekend, but oh so much fun! My parents and brother Joe came up and stayed a couple days with us. . . we all had so much fun being with them.



Cuddling with granny during our BBQ



Miles was just a blur of activity waiting for fireworks to start. Doing pops, playing with glow sticks and pretty much just wearing us all out!



I ran the 9.3 mile Freedom Run on the morning of the 4th with my friend Sam. It was a beautiful run down Blacksmith Fork Canyon, reminding me once again how lucky I am to live in this valley.



Chillin' at the Cache Valley Cruise-In. A highlight of the summer for Jackson and Miles. Nothing better than eating junk food, watching great cars and checking out crazy, crazy people!

6 comments:

Tierra said...

I am a little sad I missed the people watching only the cruise in can provide--I'll have to hit a demolition derby to get my fill. Love all your beverages though! Oh and I told Jared last night I'm taking up running. :)

Katie said...

The beverages were our way of trying to fit in with the rest of the crowd. If only we had those big huge insulated ones.

Christina said...

OH, how we missed the Cruise-in this year! I agree-the best part is people watching! People come out of the woodworks, don't they!? :) Your kids look too cute-perfect as always!!!

Megan said...

Way to go on the run. I need to get back into it. Glad you had a good 4th! And if you get a chance tell me how to do the collages on the blog. It would really help me post all the pictures from vacations, partys, etc.

JLJ said...

Oh! I'm so sad I didn't know you were running the race! I had planned on running it but ended up not having a ride to the starting line (leaving my car at the finish). I should have thought to call you. Sad, I love Blacksmith Fork.

Jessica said...

The best part of this post... the beverage cups... I am hoping it is still classic Stokes diet coke in those cups... and I am also sad I missed the people of the cruise in variety... I miss you guys..