Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February Cookies

February is not my favorite month. Christmas is over, my kids are continually sick, the excitement of new snow is long forgotten, and yet it continues to be a freezing tundra up here in the northern most part of Utah! Spring is still a distant thought. . . a thought in the back of my mind that I don't dare think about too much in fear of getting my hopes up.

So I decided I needed to do something to break myself (and my stir-crazy kids) out of our rut. I busted out the kitchen-aid, the flour, and my massive collection of sprinkles for a day of fun in sugar cookie land. It just doesn't seem like Valentines without them. . . growing up we never celebrated a holiday, especially Valentines Day, without my mom making sugar cookies. I have now realized that she had a lot more energy than me and can appreciate her even more for it!




The boys each invited a friend and had so much fun using their creative energy to figure out just how to fit the most sprinkles, sugar-sparkles, frosting and m&m's onto each cookie. They turned out just lovely. . . and might even taste good if you dare to dig through that sugar-fest to find the hidden cookie beneath.

6 comments:

Tierra said...

I'm impressed that you already have this updated! It looks like the kids had tons o fun and the mess wasn't as bad as I would have thought. I need your recipe.

Amie said...

Sugar cookie land looks like a wonderful place to visit. :)

Megan said...

You are awesome! I love your sugar cookie recipe, and I love your kids decorating even better. I guess I better break out our Kitchen Aid also.

Amy said...

I can't believe you did this! You are such a good mom. Allee had a wonderful time and had to call Derek and tell him all about it. Thanks so much!

Jessica said...

Thanks for inspiring T to make some.... I am hoping to reap some of the benefits when I come up this weekend.... you have the cutest blog and family....

The McCulloughs said...

YUM! Those cookies look sooo yummy! My kids don't even eat the cookie, just the frosting and sprinkles, so I might as well just whip up some frosting and let them dig in! I know how endless February seems when you live in Cache Valley (or the Arctic!) but it is a short month and will be over before you know it! Take care!