Monday, May 19, 2008

Preschool Graduation


It's really hard for me to believe my Jackson just finished his 3rd and final year of preschool. I so vividly remember that day, well over 3 years ago, that I first dropped my then barely 3 year old off for his first day of joyschool. That morning he cried and cried when it was time for me to leave. I thought we had such a long road ahead of us, with kindergarten so far off. Time has flown and now he is a big, independent, capable, almost 6 year old, ready for bigger and better. He has had the most fabulous year at his preschool where he has had swimming lessons, tennis lessons and tumbling along with mastering all he needs to know to start school.

And, me. . . I think I just might be able to let him go this coming fall knowing that he is ready for all that awaits him.


(Lola loved the bright yellow frosting on the cupcakes at graduation and thought she should wear it on her face!)

3 comments:

JLJ said...

Preschool graduations are so sweet. I'm glad you're ready.... I'm still not.

Megan said...

I can't believe Jax is almost 6 and on to kindergarten. I know Jonah is but it seems those we left in Utah shouldn't age. Crazy.

JamieD said...

Congratulations Jackson! What a big step for you and what fun. Kaylie says she's excited for you and want to hear all about it, and tell you about hers which is Thursday! YAY! Its hard to believe you're so old. When your mom told us she was pregnant with you, we knew we had to hurry up and get a friend for you so we had Kaylie and we're so glad you guys are friends. We wish we were closer to you guys so we could see you more often. McKinley, Ellie, and Addie say congrats too, and Kinley says you will love school cuz its fun.
So we will see you in a couple days say hi to your brother and sister from us! We love you.