Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wind Caves




We took the kids on a hike to the wind caves up Logan Canyon on Saturday. 


They were all such troopers.  Miles did complain a wee bit going up. . . about 50 times about how exhausted he was and about how bad his allergies were.  He asked for a water break every 20 feet and requested a snack every 40.  And he got really, really hot and needed his shirt removed.  
But. . . he made it! 
And he was so, so proud.




At the very end Stella was done with her pack and we let her walk the last few feet to the car.  She was so happy to be free and so proud to be exploring like her brothers and sister.   
Oh this girl! 
She is constantly amazing me with her wonderfulness and her emerging personality and I can't help but fall more in love with her each day.  She is a character. . . full of spunk, mischievousness, and lots of love!

We had such a great time hiking together.  It made me think back on all those hikes I went on with my family growing up.  Those were such fun times - I have so many memories of hiking around the mountains with my family with a huge pack on my back!  

Afterwards we were starving and hit Fredrico's to round out the perfect Saturday night!

3 comments:

Tierra said...

What 7 year old complains about his allergies?!? Glad you all made it--looks like a good time!

Chelsea said...

ahh...I always try leaving comments from my phone and for some reason it never lets me! So let me try again.

I was dying over the same thing T was -- Miles complaining about allergies! So hilarious! You came out with perfect pictures, like usual, of your cute kids. This definitely makes me want to go for a summer hike! We need one of those backpack things. And I only wish you were in some of the pictures. You've got to get Nate behind your camera!

JLJ said...

Yep. It's confirmed. Miles and my #2 are a match match made in shirt-less heaven.