Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Few Things

Here are a few of the happenings around these parts. . .



We had a leap year celebration. . . inspired by Elise who made me realize that Leap Year is no small thing. It only happens once every four years, therefore making it pretty dang exciting. We did a leap year word search, learned leap year facts, did a leap year maze, had a leaping contest and played pin the crown on the frog. It was a good chance to do something a little out of the ordinary on a random Wednesday!



This little lady just keeps growing up. She loves nothing more than to play in Lola's room with Lola's off limits toys. Lola is the best sport, and never gets mad when Stella destroys something she's worked hard to set up. Stella is quite the poser and has been since she was really little. It's pretty funny the way she poses when the camera comes out.



Lola is not too shabby at posing either. She was happy to help me show off my project. I stenciled the back wall of my hallway. I love the way it turned out. . . especially from a distance. Up close it's not as perfect as I'd like it to be, but so far I'm loving my view as I walk down the hall.








Jacks and Miles held a dunk contest in our front yard after they watched the NBA All Star Dunk Contest. It was so cute watching them work together to come up with their dunks. Miles isn't very into basketball, but add an element of craziness - like jumping over random objects to get to the hoop - and he's all for it. I just found this paper in Jackson's room and I love it. It makes me smile every time I read it.

5 comments:

Tierra said...

Love your celebration. Love your wall. LOVE your crazy posing kids. And love the dunk list and would like a performance next Sunday dinner!

Chelsea said...

Your wall looks incredible! I am so jealous yours is done and I am just still dreaming of mine! LOVE LOVE LOVE It. And the picture of Lo is pretty close up and I think it looks great.

The dunk contest paper kills me. That is so funny and I can only imagine crazy Miles and basketball Jacks getting so into this.

Cute little kiddos. I love them and need to see them soon.

M. Webb said...

Best list ever. I need to see some of these dunks.

Elise said...

ALL of this post is so fantastic!! I, too, love your wall! It turned out so good! I'm excited to see it in real life! Your kids are so adorable.

Sue said...

Katie--I don't know what of all your posts is the MOST awesome! Everything was so much fun to look at. I loved Stella's walking video, and wow! She and toddler Lola really do look alike. But I think Stella is much more of a ham! You guys had a really fun leap day, too. Loved Jackson and Miles slam dunk list. Ha! Enjoy every single minute of these cute little kids, because one day you're gonna wake up and realize that they've all grown up and moved away-- Love your wall, too! You're amazing. Don't know how you get it all done over there!