Thursday, February 2, 2012

Miles Turns 7

Happy Birthday to my cRaZY Miles man! I keep thinking he will get less crazy with age but I'm beginning to realize that just isn't going to happen. . . and I'm ok with that most of the time!

We started the day off with a big stack of chocolate chip pancakes with sprinkles on top.



He got to pick one present from his present pile to open before school. . . big decisions!



After school his friend Brennan was over to deliver this fabulously fun guitar. . . Miles was in heaven!



That night we went to Olive Garden with Lise and Mike to celebrate. Miles LOVES the breadsticks there. . . once he asked the server if he could have the recipe.



Afterwards we opened the rest of his gifts and had cupcakes. And yes. . . that is a #5 candle perched atop his cupcake. Unfortunately, I used my last candle for breakfast pancakes and could only find this one. Miles didn't care one bit. . . because that's just the way he rolls.







Love this 7 year old who keeps me on my toes each and every day and stretches me farther than I thought I could stretch. He also shows me how to love and accept, how to forgive, how to show true joy, how to properly entertain a 1 year old, how to make people feel important, how to make a good, quality mess, and how to live life to the fullest. I can't imagine how boring life would be without him around!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Miles looks so grown up! Happy birthday to that wonderfully crazy boy. We miss him!

Tierra said...

Look how dark his hair is! And that grin with his stack of presents- totally how we all should live!!!

JLJ said...

The pictures of Miles with his hair spiked and his birthday presents is priceless. What a sweet kid!

Sam said...

I love that Miles always has a grin on his face! What a great quality.