Friday, October 28, 2011

Luckiest

My kids are so lucky. My mom and dad take them on sleepovers, one at a time, several times a year. And it's not just a 'come on over to granny's house and we'll have a boring sleepover' type of sleepover.

This time it was Jackson's turn. He headed down for the entire UEA weekend. My dad took 2 days off work and they went on many adventures! These are a couple of the pictures my mom texted me during those days. . .





They went shooting, visited Kennecott's mine, spent an entire day at Boondocks, went to a movie and had a blast going to Frightmares at Lagoon.

My kids come home with so many great memories of these times with their grandparents one on one. They get to do things that we don't get to do normally. They get to feel super important. They get really spoiled. They stay up way past bedtime and get lots of treats. They have lots of great conversations with their granny and grandpa. They know that they are loved.

I love that my kids have such a great relationship with both sets of their grandparents. We truly are the luckiest!

2 comments:

Tierra said...

Jacks looks SO happy in that shooting picture, glad he had so much fun!

JLJ said...

Wow. Seriously awesome grandparents!