Sunday, August 23, 2009

Off To School



Last week marked the first day of school in these parts.
Off Jackson went, donning new clothes,
shiny new backpack slung across his shoulders. . .
off to discover all that 1st grade has to offer. . .

school lunch
3 Recesses
a new teacher
new friends

I'm just wondering when he went from this:



to that big kid who boarded the big yellow bus without looking back.
That kid who will be gone all day.
Time flies!

Jackson's most important 1st grade accessory?
His missing 2 front teeth!



3 comments:

Tierra said...

He looks so big!!! I really was hoping to be able to see his missing teeth this morning--too bad I didn't get here just a little earlier. And I LOVE his backpack--where were those when we were kids?!?

JLJ said...

3 recesses!?! Lucky boy. That is how 1st grade should be.

Megan said...

I can't believe how fast they grow either. Makes me sad. Most days. :) Keep on posting. Your kids are so cute.