Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Collections


Miles has been collecting empty toilet paper tubes. About a year ago we checked out a book from the library in which it detailed the steps to creating your very own castle, made out of cardboard. Cardboard boxes, lids, and, you guessed it, toilet paper tubes. It was very carefully assembled with the help of, I would assume, an entire team of very patient architect students. Once assembled and dry, it was intricately painted, again one might guess, by a very skilled artist. It was positively fabulous.

Why do these books make these crafts seem so easy to young eyes? I wish I had the skill set it would take to create such masterpieces and prove to my children that I am one awesome mom!

Until then. . . I'm afraid my medicine closet will fill to beyond overflowing with tubes.

2 comments:

Sam said...

That is so funny! Luckily for Miles, he has a very talented mother that will be able to make his vision a reality. Make sure you blog a picture of it once you have finished it!

Megan said...

This is great! I will stick with our pin collection:)